Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cabin Fever is Striking in Strange Ways

This is an email I wrote to my dad in response an email about how much the Lakers destroyed the Cavs last night. I include it here because...well pretty much I'd just like to put more things up here. Plus it kinda talks a little about how my day went (which I've been told is usually the point of a blog.) We were snowed in from work today and I was cabin fevering. Here goes:


[Scott,]

Did you see what the Lakers did to the Cavs last night in LA?...

[Dad]


[Dad,]

Yeah pretty crazy. Not sure what it means other than the Cavs are really really bad.

My phone is having troubles charging; it seems to have put itself in some sort of weird 'offline' mode which I, as interpreted from forums online, think can happen because it has been out of the range of service for a certain nonzero amount of time. I am not sure what to do, where/if/when I can take it to get it fixed. I assume the battery "life" will soon become a sort of sad, indefinitely unchangeable lifelessness and the phone will convert from being most-of-the-time useless, because of my current middle-of-nowhereness, to an all-of-the-time paperweight with a high-definition screen permanently displaying a black nothingness (which I admit is not wholly true--the presence of the nothingness--because when I happen to stare at the dark space in question, the reflective nature of the screen somewhat displays a feint image of a twenty something year old with a sad face--most likely caused by the current status of the device.) I can try to skype!

We had the day off work today because our cabin sits in the middle of a valley and snow enjoys accumulating in the valley in depths too large for the gravelly roads ('gravely' could probably be fit in somewhere in this sentence--with a small amount of rewording--as well, which would be a neat "look what I can do with English" moment) to handle large vanbeasts driven by (gravely?) inexperienced early twenty-somethings (to our graves?). Work yesterday was tough, but fulfilling: we drove stakes and put sticks into the ground (not to be confused with the task of an Outback delivery man who enjoys blasting "Come Sail Away" or "Mr Roboto" through his car stereo system--which would be "driving steaks and putting Styx into the air".) Cabin fever is striking in strange ways. But I like this.

[Scott]

1 comment: